NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Your Grey + other pets & animals

mixtressariadne

I have just one other bird, a blue and gold macaw. The birds tolerate one another. It seems to go back and forth who is going to dominate from day to day. One day Finnigan (TAG) will run Loki (B&G) off a perch or boing and the next day it will be opposite. They don't usually ever hang out together though. I will tell you a funny story though. Loki loves to try to get into Finnigans cage and play with her toys or take her food. Mostly, she runs him off. This particular day, there was something in the back of Finn's cage that caught his eye. Now to get a visual her cage is much smaller than his. His body is taller than the door to her cage, and his tail is longer than his body, so for him to get into her cage, he basically has to wiggle and shimmy around her toys to get his body and tail into her cage and once he is in there he looks like we stuffed him in and he can't really move around. So, he goes into her cage and gets his whole body and long long tail in there and is sitting on one of her perches with about 2"-3" to the top of the cage from the top of his head and about the same amount of space from the bottom of his tail to the bottom of the cage. Well, Finn has her favorite perch which has basically just enough room from the top and sides of the cage for her to roost for the night. I guess he must see her on this perch all the time and decided he wanted to get up there, he is trying to squish is fat butt on this little perch but keeps hitting his body on the other perch and the back of the cage his head on the top of the cage. He is hanging by his beak on this cement perch, trying desperatly to pull himself up but doesn't have the space or the leverage. I don't think he ever figured out why he couldn't get up there. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Of course then Finn took exception to him being in her cage and decided to run him off, so every time he pulls himself up, she pecks his head, so, he hangs by his toe to the bottom, but then his tail goes up and she gets that, so he decides to leave, but basically she trapped him in there, poor Loki is trying to get out the front of her cage, but he has to bend down to do so and his tail was all crooked up on her toys and Finn is on the door, really beaking at him...Loki's face was soo red in frustration but he didn't dare exit. I finally saved him and gave Finni her cage back.

Here is my thread about Rexxy and Sadie

http://www.greyforums.net/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,27/func,view/catid,5/id,100993/

Since October (and the loss of our Shadow at 11 yr) the bond between them has grown.

Rexxy makes all of Sadie noises, but I can tell the difference, he is not that good yet. Rexxy shares food with Sadie, so our floor is always a mess. Sadie stills helps Rexxy to where I am at if he flies to the floor. And sometimes if we are playing on the floor Rexxy then he will chase Sadie. It is funny to watch and you can tell Sadie likes it.

All they have right now is the two of them. They love each other.