NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Useful equipment

Caspersmum

Hi Guys,

After Talon's posting about air purifiers, I had a thought - I bet there's lots of equipment that we use that no-one else has ever thought of, that could make our lives as parrot parents easier, and I thougt it'd be really useful to share some of these.

To get the ball rolling, I think I've found the perfect pooper scooper for clearing up little accidents - I use an old credit card! It's good on fresh and old poo, and I use it for getting poo off Casper's play stand, and for clearing up the occasional 'accident' that gets on the carpet. So does anyone else have any ideas we might not have thought of?

Julia

Here is a good idea that I read somewhere and I don't remember where. Put a plastic office mat under your play area and /or cage. It makes clean up very easy. I've been useing that for about 1 year now and it works great!:)

I use an adjustable shower perch affixed to the floor of Mini Me's travel carrier for her to perch on while on the go. Everyone that has seen it has commented on what a clever use of the perch it is so I take it not many ppl use it as such, but it works great and is easy to remove when needing to clean it.

It is designed for office chairs that reside on carpeted floors. And, if you have a WalMart nearby, one can be had for under $20, US funds. Staples, Office Depot, and other office supply stores usually carry them as well. I'd also be willing to be that they can be found online fairly handily.

Again, hope this helps!

Jay