NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Very concerned and looking for thoughts.

Tonksdad

Tonks, 8 month old Tag, is acting normal but when I woke up this AM the area under her beak is swollen and pink. She is eating and acting normal but I am very concerned. I searched the forums and onle found one other similar post but there was no follow-up on what it was. We are searching for an avian vet that is open on Sunday.

Your thoughts?

throatpq9.jpg

Throat.jpg

OK thanks all for the input and here is where we are. I'll try and answer everyone's questions and such.

I am certain it came up overnight as Tonks and I were playing on the floor at length just before bedtime yesterday. My first thought was a tumor as well but it's more like a bag filled with liquid. It's very soft and flexible. We found an avian vet and just got home. Shs has never seen anything like it but after doing some tests and looking into her mouth and at the "thing" under a mag glass she thinks Tonks has a penetration injury in her mouth under her tongue it is an inflmation and start of infection from the wound. Vet gave her 2 shots, anti-inflam and anti-biotic and then scheduled us to see our normal vet tomorrow.

T seems not to be bothered at all and is in her cage now chowing down and playing up a storm.

I'll update everyone after the visit tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the feedback and assistance.

John

It's good to hear you got into an Avian vet on a Sunday. Sometimes that is just not available. It is also good to hear that the vet thinks it is an injury rather than a more serious issue such as a Tumor.

Thanks for the update and looking foward to hearing how Tonks is doing over the next few days. :-)

Good for you acting quickly and getting medical attention right off the bat. Tonks is lucky to have someone like you. I bet it could have really gotten bad if you didn't act so quickly and effeciently. I will give you a good karma before the night is over:)

Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/12/21 23:08<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/12/21 23:09

Hey TonksDad, I am so happy Tonks is going to be okay. And thank God you were able to find an Avian Vet on Sunday. We can't wait to hear more about you and Tonks and see some pictures of this very lucky guy. Karma to a great Dad. Welcome to the family!!<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2008/12/21 23:24

John - delighted to hear you found an avian vet (on a Sunday!) and have started treatment. Good for you and keep us posted!

Just out of curiosity: does Tonks get her name from the Harry Potter character? Because Max's middle name is Nymphodora (sic!). :P

So glad you have joined the forum!