NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

not sure what to do here

bluekkiwi

I am getting my baby grey in January (*bursting with Happiness*) and I have a question. I have 2 other birds, a budgie and a conure, both in good health. I am wondering if it would be advisable to skip quarantine in this particular situation. You see I live in a one bedroom, the birds are in the very large great room, so the only place to quarantine the baby would be in the bedroom. It is a very small room, and the way we could fit his HUGE cage in there is to put it against the window, which is a rather chilly spot.(for some stupid reason someone replaced all the windows in the house EXCEPT that one and the one in the bathroom, making the bedroom a very chilly place)It would be a very crowded situation and I wonder if it may just make things more stressful for everyone. On the other hand I have had the importance of quarantine drilled into my head..... Advice anyone?

I suspect you already have an avian vet in the picture since you have the other two birds. Why don't you run this by the vet and see what they say?

I've recently learned these birds can tolerate much lower temperatures than I would have expected, and living in Maine and New Hampshire I've banked a lot of windows with heavy plastic and blankets in my day. :whistle: So I can think of ways the quarantine might work out better than you might think. I'd ask a vet in any case, tho.

Good luck - let us know what you find out!

My baby is coming from a breeder, who I have completer faith in, I know several people who have gotten babies form her and they have all been very healthy. he of course will get a check up when he gets home and the other two have gotten their clean bill of health recently.