NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

guess who I spent the most on for christmas

she

Well I have been looking at parrot stands for the last few days and Charlie is now the proud owner of a parrot tower from northern Parrots. I went to see a Java tree which was a good price but was much too large for my living room. So I came home and looked again at the ones from Northern Parrots,took a very deep breath and ordered an Amazon Junior delux. It is suitable for amazons and greys.It is a bit smaller so I should be able to fit it in, just. It should arrive before Christmas. The only problem I have now is convincing Charlie it is a great place to hang out on. The stand has Java wood perches and hooks for toys and two feed dishes. Has any one any advice on how I can get Charlie to love it.He is a right wuzz and hates anything new. I will post some photos when it comes and when I can get Charlie to play on it.

That looks very similar to the stand I bought for Max, she. Max's take on it is: "I will sit on the top branch only" - and she actually LIKES to sit on the top branch because it puts her at my face height, and she quickly learned that the stand means she can hang out with the family more in other rooms of the house. I actually think you'll be very happy with it - even if Charlie only sits on the top branch, too.

Merry Christmas, Lucky Charlie! :cheer:

Sheila, you have been spoiling Charlie!

Is it better than the other one you saw?

When I got my new stand, it took Charlie quite a while before he was brave enough to venture on there. I put some of his favourite toys on and gradually moved it nearer to his cage. It now stands right next to his cage so he can just step straight on to it.

It may take a while but i am sure Charlie will get to love his new stand.:)