NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Favorite Toys

Talon

What is your greys favorite toys?

Talon loves his wooden bucket with all the wrapped foot toys in it. She also has one hanging from a spiral hanging perch that she loves to attack!! :evil:

Talon also loves jingle balls!!!!! :cheer:<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2007/05/16 15:12

I took some of Monique's superb advice, and have started buying baby toys for Casper. I got him a 'My First Tambourine' from Tesco's - it cost me a whole £1.97 and he adores it. I'm not so sure any more, as it's very noisy, but he'll play with it for hours - I have it hanging from his cargo net.

His other favourite is a green rubbery ball with a bell in it, and lots of holes - you can get them on a lot of bird toy sites - I stuff paper and sticks in it, and it'll keep him occupied all day while I'm out - he likes ringing the bell, and pullng out and shredding the paper and sticks. He's had it about 4 months now, and it's still as good as new!

Julia

We have spent literally hundreds and hundreds of dollars on toys for Ceasar... All kinds of things. After all that money and toys do you want to know what Ceasar loves the most... OK, I'll tell ya.. STARBUCKS COFFEE LIDS... Go figure.. :P :P :P :silly:

can anyone confirm what i have read, which is that introducing toys needs to be gradual, etc, etc. i have heard some say that they had to first put the toy somewhere in the room, until week after week, they finally inched it closer to and then into the cage. I wanted to learn for myself, so i just put together a few 'toys'--one is a thick rope with knots in it (its a start), and the other is a set of colorful climbing Caribeeners connected together and hanging from the top of his cage.

It depends on the bird. Some are very nervous at the sight of anything new, and others are ready to tear into them. Your bird will let you know which category he falls into ;).

Nikko's favorite toys are birdie pinatas. I've had a difficult time finding anything else that interests her. The problem is, these pinatas cost about $7 a piece, and she has become so good at ripping them apart, it's starting to hurt the ol' pocketbook. But she enjoys them so much, I just keep buying them, and then weeping as I watch $7 get torn to pieces in a day or two :(.

Mini Me's favorite toy was a 4 rubber duckies mobile with chains and bells until the ducks were torn to bits.

Now, she's moved onto bigger fish to fry. She plays with a branch ball I made her from parts from the craft store. She loves climbing inside and tearing it apart from within. I foresee that toy will last maybe another week or so tops.

Guest briansmum

spookyhurst, those parrot pinatas are expensive, but you can make your own with an old toilet roll tube, some news paper and some coloured tissue paper. put the treats in the toiletroll tube, wrap that in newspaper, then shred the tissuepaper and wrap that round, tie string round the middle to hold all the paper on and hand it over! you could get really creative and tie a couple together and add some bells too. aahhh good old toilet paper tube!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lidia

Joshua likes computer mice, plastic trucks, garden hose attachments, novels (if I read a particularly bad novel it goes to Joshua to shred. He definitely enjoys shredding novels). At present, his favourite toys are my hairbrush (got to jump on that thing, try to master it, ride that bronco, baby!), an empty coke can (great for throwing and dropping on human heads) and a novel (Mmmmmm, shreddies...).

• 1 month later...

Lidia wrote:

At present, his favourite toys are my hairbrush (got to jump on that thing, try to master it, ride that bronco, baby!), an empty coke can (great for throwing and dropping on human heads) and a novel (Mmmmmm, shreddies...).

Lidia - that is too funny....Please get a video of this and post it!!!

{Sports-000200E1}

Guest briansmum

brian likes everything he's not supposed to have, my make up especially, he gets REALLY excited when i put make up.. i keep telling him it's not his shade :P