NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello to ALL

Lex

Hi i also will have a grey as of January and i`m very much looking forward to her coming home with us. I`m glad to have found great people with who i can ask questions to fellow owners for help as i`m sure i will need it. I live in the UK and i`m thinking most of you live in the USA? hope this doesn`t matter?. I`ll post pictures as and when i can. We have had lots of visits to the breeder so the grey can get used to us and us to her. Have been reading lots of books but they do tend to differ alot it what they say. Hope to chat with you all again!

Lex<br><br>Post edited by: Lex, at: 2008/12/17 23:27

Hello Lex and welcome to the forum. You'll find there are members on this forum from all over the world, and many are from the UK. I'm excited for you getting a new grey in January. I bet you just can't wait! Keep us updated and keep researching!

Hiya Lex,

Wecome to the forum.

I am from the UK as well, a Northern lass from sunny West Yorkshire!

I bet you cant wait to bring your baby girl home can you?

Please take time and look through the many threads in the Nursery room, these will give you advice on bringing your new baby home.

I look forward to hearing more about you both and maybe see some pictures when you eventually get some.

I hope you enjoy it here:)

Caroline.

Hello Lex and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey you are getting in January.

No it doesn't matter where you are from, a member is a member regardless of where they live but I do think that a majority of us do live in the USA.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so do read thru them at your leisure and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Would love to see some pictures of this grey if you can manage sharing some with us.<br><br>Post edited by: judygram, at: 2008/12/18 02:07

Hi Lex, we have members from all over the world and a great number who are from the UK and their participation is appreciated enormously so you should feel right at home.:silly: If you have been looking around in the different forum rooms you know there is an abundance of information around for new grey owners. Is your baby a Congo (has a red tail) or a Timneh (maroon tail, bone colored beak). And have you named your new grey? I certainly want to welcome you with open arms and can't wait to see your baby's pictures.!!! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!

manys thanks i live in Bedfordshire leighton Buzzard of all places. As for name for her i`m stuck at the moment and i need to name her by this sunday really. The breeder wants to know as she is going to stick train her. I really can not wait but christmas is a bad time as lots going on and people in and out of the house so thats why january. We are getting a Hahns macaw also they have been brought up together and they get on well. The hahns hides under her wing. We will have our hands full i`m sure but it`s worth it in more ways than one. I will be looking through the forums alot to take in but great to have it all at hand and in one place and i`ve found it to be hard work getting information. We have been taking pictures from 6 weeks till now so i will have to get them on here at some ponit to show you all. Thank you all again

Lex<br><br>Post edited by: Lex, at: 2008/12/17 23:54

luvparrots: Shes a Congo and happy holidays to you and your family! ps my wife is from the USA so i`m in there with the lingo :laugh: we both live here in the UK. (Lexington KY) why i use Lex :silly:

Lex<br><br>Post edited by: Lex, at: 2008/12/17 23:50

Oh my goodness, you are getting a macaw too! Double congradulations. Are they both coming home to you at the same time? This forum even has an "other birds" section because many of us have more than greys on here and it's a great room to go discuss our other flock members.

Please post some pics when you can. We love to see photos here, too. :)

Hi Lex and welcome! I'm from the USA, but I'm British and Irish if that counts?! hehehe :D

I'm glad we didn't have to think of names because our TAG was adopted and came with a name. But we can all help you decide if you narrow it down to 3? Maybe post a poll? hahaha

You're getting a Hahn's Macaw, too?!?! You're so lucky! Hahn's Macaws are such beautiful birds and can be quite the hams.

Keep us updated!

Hi Lex and welcome! I'm from the USA, but I'm British and Irish if that counts?! hehehe :D

I'm glad we didn't have to think of names because our TAG was adopted and came with a name. But we can all help you decide if you narrow it down to 3? Maybe post a poll? hahaha

You're getting a Hahn's Macaw, too?!?! You're so lucky! Hahn's Macaws are such beautiful birds and can be quite the hams.

Keep us updated!

Hi Lex

You will find everyone here a very friendly bunch, I've not been here long myself but everyone has been great. I'm in the UK as well, in Ashford, Kent, but to tell you the truth I don't think the parrots care where they are from anyway :lol:

Let us know your choice of names, it's exciting! My 2 CAGs were rehomed and so already both came with the name Charlie, it gets a bit confusing around here :S

Congrats.I bet you ant wait.Doesnt the anticipation just kill ya? Its worth the wait and yes keep doing the research until you get your fid. As for a name look under girl names, boy names, even unique names.WHat would be an interest..Maybe football stadium names, celtic names, zodiac names the list goes on.