NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

java wood climbing tree any ideas??

pugwash

Hiya Hayley i think ive seen em at Northern Parrots websites i got the plastic stand with 5 wooden perches but Alfie dont use it kind of a waste of £80 mind you he aint clipped so he goes where he likes;) P.S the java stands are really Expensive so be prepared for a shock :woohoo:<br><br>Post edited by: daveyj, at: 2008/12/15 14:28

Thanks Daveyj

I have seen them in garden centres and they do look pretty expensive, but I will check out Northern parrots and expect to spend Christmas in hospital following a stroke after seeing the prices!!:laugh:

Have a fantastic Christmas and thanks for your help

Hayley

I bought a Java stick in the UK when I was there visiting. I was in Birmingham so got it from the local per shop Kings Heath pet shop.

They are expensive, but well worth it our greys love it. We have it in the cage in a corner and it has now become our males sleeping perch. I think he likes the odd angle feel on his feet. Our female then takes the perch during the day to sleep on.

Thanks all..I believe that you can buy a few cheaper pieces on ebay, however it pays to check the sellers feedback before purchase I guess

As for them being slippery I think you can sand them down a bit?

They do look lovely but they might not covered in poop:laugh:

Have a fab Christmas all

Who knows what might be in the stocking

I have been told last night in work that a garden centre about 15 miles away have a java tree, 5 ft by 4ft and I could probabley get it for about £160. I finish work tomorrow so may go and look on Friday. I am wondering if it may be too big for my living room though.

Sheila, thats a good price. Will you let me know if they could deliver anything like this and get me the website? I would be interested in something like this for mine, I am sure we can move another piece of furniture out to make room:laugh:<br><br>Post edited by: casper, at: 2008/12/17 13:03

Seems to me like everything made specifically for parrots has an extra $ tacked on.... I don't understand it but people must think if you have a bird then you have extra cash to spend. I wish it was easier to come by this wood and easier to find time to make one myself. Good luck to all of you in your quest! Hope Christmas morning brings all the little fids what they've been wishing for...:)