NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Soya

Bikermol

Hi Has anyone thought of Soya. I've bought Harrisons pellets for Harry. My son, a chef, made me take a Google tour on soya when he said he would NEVER use it because it is toxic! However Pellets contain it, the bean mix contains it. I dont know what they look like, but I'll find out and take them out of the mix. What do you guys think?

danmcq,have you Googled "soya as Parrot food". Note that Greys dont eat it naturaly. I am concerned because its in pellets, bean mix, and maybe other foods, so you can inadvertently end up feeding a lot. I was worried Harry has almost stopped eating seeds, nibbles on his pellets, but eats some of my meals. Lots of cooked veg, brown bread cereal etc. Would this be OK. IMG_0199h.jpg

IMG_0199h.jpg

Yes, I am very familiar with Soya, Soybeans, Edame etc.

They are fine for your Grey and any other Parrot. It's not like we are feeding it as a main portion of the meals. It's just ONE of the numerous legumes they eat.

Harrisons is a great food and developed by an Avian Veterinarian.

I personally feed my Grey mainly seeds and nuts as the largest portion of his Diet and he readily eats all types of veggies, fruits, legumes and various pellets with Harrisons being the main pellet he eats.

As a side note: Vegans get most their protein by eating Soy based products and Doctors also recommend as a great aide in lowering high cholesterol levels.<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2008/12/15 00:11