NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ice's Story 4 weeks on

nims

Hi,

I have had Ice for just over 4 weeks now and he has come a long way. We rehomed him but I knew very little about his past.

So from being mean and unsociable he has become quite the opposite!!! He is a such a special guy and I love him to bits.

He steps up really well now and knows what it means. He is potty trained also! I can also touch him everywhere and even kiss his head! He loves to be out of the cage and watch TV with me. We are trying to get his diet sorted now that he is more comfortable with us.

For the first time he actually wanted to sit on my lap!! He was on the arm rest and stepped on to my leg on I thought OMG!!! :)

I hope this inspires anyone who has rehomed a grey or is thinking about doing so. When I first met him he never spoke, bit me and I could not even touch him! But anything is possible! :) :)

Nims, this is just a marvelous success story and inspiration to us all. If I ever choose to get another grey it will be a re-homed one if at all possible. Your story is great and please keep us informed of all your progress with Ice and Indy. Pictures please!!!!:silly:<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2008/12/10 22:50

I know exactly how you feel their is such a rewarding feeling to bring home a bird that is unhappy stressed out and neglected and to watch that bird turn into a happy well ajusted pet that he was always meant to be it is a feeling that is wonderfully rewarding. I have rescued a few birds now and that rewarding feeling never gets old. It takes a very speicial person to have enough love and patient to be able to take on a bird with tons of baggage but the harder it is to get them past all that the more rewarding it is. And each little step forward is so awesome because you know that that little step forward became possible for the bird to do because of your love and patients. Kepp up the good work and don't forget to keep us updated also. I would really love to see some pictures of your birds when you get a chance

Nims,

This is a wonderful update about Ice!

You have come a long way and acheived so much in such a short space of time!

You should be feeling really proud of yourself and I can tell you love him so much!

Keep the updates coming and I cant wait to see some pictures if you get your new camera.