NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Droppings of a CAG, an indication of good health?

Coco

Hi All !!

Its been 2 months since i hav Coco with me n steadily learning more about Cag's to care better for him.

just curious to know if one can ascertain the health of a grey by looking at the color of the poop?

I've been feeding him a combination of sunflower seeds n mixed parrot food (prestige) n also fruits n some veggies. (he doesnt eat much veggies)

I only see green n white colors inhis poop.

Is this normal?

Caven

That sounds OK.. But you really need to start thinking about getting your baby on a better diet. Veggies take time for them to eat but if you are persistent your baby will eat them. You need to get him off the sunflower seeds and onto a good quality pellet based diet. I use Harrison's diet. Their website is www.harrisonsbirdfood.com Go there and read the database of questions. It will be a big help to you. I know it was to me..

Good luck and welcome to our forum..

Guest Monique

Welcome to our Forum, Coco! We are glad to have you here!! ;)

Green and white poop is Very Normal and preferred. If you feed them something brightly colored it can affect the poop color and don't let that alarm you. You bet that watching their droppings is a very good way to help monitor their health!!

Also you've received good advice on the feeding. Good pellets with fresh foods are pretty much accepted as the best diet we know how to feed today, seed can be a treat. Some birdies can be real little buggers to switch over to pellets. If you are interested you can look at the Harrison's pellet site for some instructions on how to try converting.

I look forward to hearing your birdie stories!!! :)