NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

FUN THINGS YOUR GREY HAS DONE TODAY!

Talon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Fred is 9 months and is working through her baby talk. A lot of stuff is clear and a lot needs work!

Anyway - last night she was hanging on the couch with us and I had a bunch of paperwork I was working on. I know I know - trying to keep paper safe is a no no with a grey. Anyway she was doing a very nice job of entertaining herself away from the papers and finally decided to come see what I was doing. She knows she should not chew on my papers so very delicately she would lift a paper and hold it up. I would absentmindedly take the paper and put it back down. This became a fun game until she decided to start chewing. I firmly pointed my finger at her and said NO. She looked at me, dropped the paper, went "wooooo", bent her head and proceeded to give herself scritches on my pointed finger.

So much for discipline. :side:

Redkim that is to funny and typical. I am trying with a little success to teach and interest Whisper in playing with a ball. She was not much interested last night.

When I held the ball out to her she preceded to rub her head against it to scratch.I told her that was not the game I had in mind. Oh they love those scratches.

redkim wrote:

She looked at me, dropped the paper, went "wooooo", bent her head and proceeded to give herself scritches on my pointed finger.So much for discipline. :side:

LOL, great story. It seems you have a self-rewarding Grey on your hands. :-)

That is s cute vidio... thanks.... I noticed your playstand... we have been looking at playstands to build one for charlie... I noticed the round bottom... how do you do that? I was thinking of using a table top that would be easier to clean off.. cause I want to put it in the living room where there is carpet...

I went to Lowes and they had table tops. I use the smaller ones(I think they are stool seats or smaller table tops) for T-stands and bought a large one for the play stand. I'm not very handy with a saw. I stained and polyurethaned it. One thing I changed about it was I replaced the original PVC legs with iron pipe which lowes can cut to any length and even thread it. The PVC was too wobbly. Jan

Ok, now that some hours have passed, and I've had time to get overit - I realize what Bella did this morning really was quite funny:

For the past two days she's been sitting on my shoulder and trying to put her foot on my mouth. She'll also sit on my chest in the evening and try to put her foot on my mouth. This morning I looked up at her and said "what is your deal????" She put her foot on my mouth again, and rather than move away, I decided to see what she was going to do, and at that moment she gurged all over my mouth!! :blink: :sick: :sick: :sick: :blink:

I'm proud of myself, I didn't panic and scare her off... I stayed calm, thanked her and told her I loved her too, put her down and ran for the bathroom :laugh: :laugh:

Has this happened to anyone else??? What is up with the foot thing?? Is this some way of trying to get my mouth open??? I'm sorry - I know this is a profound act of love, but YUK!!!!

judygram wrote:

I almost peed my pants reading this Terri, that is so funny and cute at the same time, you are so honored but repulsed, I am glad it was you and not me, hey did I say that:blink: :woohoo: :laugh:

:laugh: Judy - ah yeah! I was really thinking I could do well without gurged fried egg to! :sick: Yeah - I'm quite honored :laugh: And that look on her face, she cocks her head and looks at me like "mmmm good isn't it!" :sick: :sick: :sick:

judygram wrote:

Josey has never commented on her poops but she always looks at it after dropping it, I don't know what is up with that,:huh: curiosity maybe:S

That can be a good thing Judy :laugh: Bella manages to comment on her poop right while I'm either on the phone with a client or colleagues, or have friends over. Our Bird sitter told me that one evening Bella had an on-going discussion about her poop! She'll say :

"ohhhhh Bella poo poo!"

or she'll go

"Bella poop!"

or

"Bella make a poo!"

Well, today it is a beautifull mild day.I decided to put the birds in the aviery for a bit this morning. They loved it. .Cracker thought it was just fantastic and was quite miffed when I brought him in to give Charlie his turn.I only had them out for about an hour each as I thought it may be a bit cold to leave them any longer but they were quite happy.<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/02/22 12:39

Casper still doesn't like me very much, but he does some pretty sweet stuff for my wife. He plays "Peek a Boo", and say "Bye Bye, I love you" when she leaves the house. Also, he hollers "Jesse!" (note the exclamation point. Jesse [my 15 year old son] gets fussed at often enough that Casper imitates it when he enters the room. LOL)

Casper is so completely different from any other bird I've ever known that i feel a bit out of my element. My wife is so amazing with Casper. I'm humbled...

Someday Casper and i will be friends. For now, I'm honored that he accepts my wife.