NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

food

hello everyone quick question,does anyone have a problem with their grey eating different kinds of food?well my grey all he eats is nuts and sunflower seeds any reason why.if anyone can help me thanks<br><br>Post edited by: buddy3707, at: 2008/12/08 04:42

How old is he now? Is he about 16 months old?

Has he only ever eaten sunflower seeds and nuts?

The others have given good advice on introducing fruits and veggies to him. Have you tried him with pellets? If not try him with some, if he dosent accept them try and moisten them before offering other members soak them in apple juice as well.

Nuts and sunflower seeds are not great as the only diet for a grey, they need variety fruits, veggies, pellets and seed.

Read through the bird food room to give you ideas on what to try him with we also have a recipe section in there.

Good luck, keep us poated with his progress.

Caroline.

Hello Buddy3707, welcome here. I think the best way to get them to try something new is to eat some in front of them. At first, don't let him have any at all, but let him know it sure is wonderful. Then, turn your back and let him sneak a bite from your plate. He'll think he's really having something special and will love it. They love drama and also love thinking they are getting away with something...;) like a mischievous kid.