NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Lost Grey

ProStock

ProStock is a 5 year old Congo that flew away on July 23, 2008 from Northwest Indiana. He is still dearly missed and I still check everywhere for him. I have had him posted on Bird hotline, Parrot911, craigslist, ect., posters in the neighborhood and at local stores and vets. He is microchipped, no band. I am less hopeful each day that he will be returned safely to me but I just can't help thinking if someone found him and brought him in from the weather there is still a chance. Any info on him will be a blessing.

Michele

Michele, I am so sorry that Congo is missing. Have you asked your neighbors personally if they have seen Congo, advertised in the newspaper, checked the Humane Society, local bird society and pet stores? Or sat outside making familiar call sounds? Don't give up hope. I pray Congo will come home.

I am so sorry Congo is missing and I truely feel for you. I am glad you are still actively searching for him. Hopefully, he will make it home to you. I know you are probably worried sick but please don't think the worst. Someone may have taken him in, not realizing he has a microchip and he may be safe and sound. I say this because we took in a lost conure in Augest. We looked everywhere for the owners, drove towns, put ads up online, called pet stores, vets, everywhere we could think of but no one claimed him. He is super tame too and I still feel bad that his previous owners are probably worried sick but he is actually living very well with us. I would be happy to give our conure back to his rightful owners if they would just come forward but in the meantime he is well taken care of, loved and considered part of our family too. Hopefully that will ease your mind a little but never give up on his return. You may still be reunited. Good luck in your search and his return home to you.<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/12/04 20:04

Have you tried to contact any Avian Vets in your area for any parrots that have been brought in by any new people that fit your Congo's description in case someone has him and has decided not to turn him in? Making your situation known to all vets, they may keep an eye open for you. I am so sorry, I can only guess how you feel.

Carolyn & Mika<br><br>Post edited by: Carolyn, at: 2008/12/04 22:23

Thank you to all for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I have indeed done all of them already, most of them twice. I just thought that getting the word out here could be worth a shot. I still hold hope that ProStock is safe somewhere and will come home.

I think there still may be a good chance on him coming home to you if you reported him to all the vet offices around where you live and in any nearby towns if someone has him and they take him to the vet. you may still get him back. I will pray for his safe return. I just can imagine your grief. I would just be a basket case if I lost one of my baby's.