NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What's Your Workout Routine?

Hi again,

How many of you guys exercise daily? What's your routine?

I try to run every other day. 2 miles is my usual distance. I was doing really well until the week before christmas.. I can remember this clearly. I was running down a hill listening to Daughtry's It's Not Over on my IPOD when I stepped into a pot hole.. Down like a sac of pototas I went.. You got it.. Badly sprained ankle.. It took me 4 months to get back on the road.. I quess being 48 has it's disadvantages afterall..

Even today... 5 months later I can still feel pain when I run.. Since that sprain I have had a hard time getting back into my routine.

What about you guys. What do you do to keep yourself look good?<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/05/15 02:42

Work out?? What is that????? I used to run a lot but that is so tough on your joints and I started having knee trouble. These days I mtn bike and surf, though not as much as I used to or should. Personally I cant stand being indoors in a gym. I have lots of friends that do, but its all about outside activities for me. B)

My husband and I are both members of a gym. I've been about 10 times in the last 6 months and he's been twice. We plan to pick it up this summer when our schedules slow down a bit. If we don't, we're cancelling our membershit. When I'm there, it's great...it's getting the motivation to actually get up and going that's tough...oh well...hopefully my motivation will pick up this summer!

I love road cycling. I had a opp about a year back and am battling to get back in the sadle.... :blush: If the summer is back I am going to get back in the Sadle. The bike that I have is a Bianchi with full Shimano 105 groupset & Polar 720i heart rate monitor etc. For those of you that knows cycling. B)

splint101 wrote:

I love road cycling. I had a opp about a year back and am battling to get back in the sadle.... :blush: If the summer is back I am going to get back in the Sadle. The bike that I have is a Bianchi with full Shimano 105 groupset & Polar 720i heart rate monitor etc. For those of you that knows cycling. B)

We are gonna get along just fine Splint. I love someone that knows good equipment. :P

Guest Monique

I usually run 2-3 miles every day but this last month I've started to try some circuit training. On the treadmill ... run 2 minutes, then 60 seconds of pushups, 60 seconds of situps, run 2 minutes, then 60 seconds of squats, 60 seconds of toe touches, run 2 minutes ... etc. etc. for about 30 minutes.

I'm afraid my workout is the same as Judy's, and I also exercise my thumbs by playing video games.

I live in a retirement community with my parents :blush:. It has 4 rec centers which offer about everything you could possibly want to do. One of them is within walking distance of our house, and has 3 swimming pools, 3 spas, a walking track, tennis courts, and a room with a ton of exercise equipment. The other 3 rec centers have things like bowling, miniature golf, racquetball, etc. I have a rec card that costs about $200 a year for unlimited usage of these facilities. Want to guess how much I use it? I play pool a couple of times a month and I take my dog to the dog park. I love to swim (although I'm not very good because I never took lessons), yet I can't remember the last time I went swimming. Someone needs to kick me in the butt for not taking advantage of all this stuff. My mom is very fit and works out at least 6 days a week. My dad frequents the walking track quite a bit too.

Judy's is a faverite of mine as well.

I also jog a mile or so on the treadmill daily, and every other day I go down in the basement, beat on the heavy bag for a while, and use the olympic weight set down there doing bench, squats skullcrushers etc. Been trying to get the enormous amount of weight I gained with my son off finally, its coming slowly off, but giving up the ice cream would be my biggest help, but that aint happining ever :lol:

Judy, I have a bowl of cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce, and about 8-10 cherries on it every night before bed. How's that?? Sounds like a pretty good workout before bed, Huh?? :woohoo:<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2007/05/19 13:59

:laugh: I don't believe anyway in having to watch what you're eating. having experience with a family from mother's side that watched what they ate and got fat anyway and father's side that ate everything that was in sight and stayed thin, i'm just a little bit sceptical about the whole issue :P