NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A Grey Holiday!

nims

Hi All,

OK so I am going back to london for 5 days in a few weeks. I am going with my husband and we are taking our two greys with us (this is going to be fun).

They dont have a cage at my mums and I have bought two large travel cages for them. I dont have the measurements just yet but will post them. They are big enough for them to stretch their wings in and they will be out most of the time as we will be home and they have separate table top stands too.

Indy will be fine as she has travelled a lot and has been to my mother's house. I am more concerned about Ice as he only goes to me and even then he can be temperamental.

Have any of you taken your greys on holidays with you?

Any advice on taking your greys away?

Thanks

We will also be taking our greys away for the xmas holidays. We have a considerably smaller cage at the place where we are going, but like you ours will spend a lot of time out of the cage. We also don't have them sleeping in the cage at night when we are away. They have a spiral that we attach to the roof in the bedroom that we sleep in and they are very happy to sleep on the spiral because they can see us are high up and feel safe.

It's a good idea when you get there to show Ice around the house and you will know by the body language what Ice finds scary and what Ice finds ok. We did that with our female as she freaks out a bit. We calmly walked around the house and I talked to her telling her what everything was and where everything was. When she grabbed a bit harded with her claws or leaned back I knew she was scared of something, for example she hates the ceiling lights being on in the hallway.

Also if Indy has been there before then hopefully Indy will let Ice know that everything is ok.

Good luck

hmmmmm i am really looking forward to having them with us (my husband can't bear to be without Indy and I feel like I cant leave Ice).

They will sleep in the new cages large travel cages and will eat and just relax in there if they feel they need to be comfortable/secure. Most of the time I expect to them be outside with the rest of us.

:)