NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

how much average sleep does a parrot need?

Buddy

The official time is 10 to 12 hrs but there are parrots that will wake up before that and start their morning chatter especially when they're covered and there's no way to increase their sleep time. If they've woken up and start their morning routine, that means that they've slept enough. Otherwise, if they didn't get enough they would simply keep on sleeping until nature tells them to wake up.

Hi,

How much sleep is buddy getting the moment?

On average greys need 10-12hours sleep(though this doesnt have to be all in one go.) So my greys go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 7am. They also nap during the day if the want to.

Hope this helps!

Mine get about 11 hours in their cage covered, but many times they wake up earlier and talk away until I get them up at the normal time.

I get up at 5 am when it is still completely dark out, sneak downstairs, have my vitamins, a glass of juice and then out the door I go to the gym. Rikki hears me no matter how quiet I am, and she starts trying to whistle for me to get her up, but I never pay attention to her. I assume she goes back to sleep, but I don't know if she does. SHe then starts up at 6:30 when my daughter gets up to get ready for school and stays awake until I get her out at 8 or 9 depending on my day.