NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Coco eats paper.

thecoffeesnob

Coco loves shredding papers to bits but just today, i noticed he was tearing really tiny pieces off and then eating them. This can't be good for him, can't it? If i were to stop giving him paper to shred, he'll just climb down his cage and start shredding the papers we put his cage on to keep the mess at a minimal.

Do any of your Greys do this? And what should i be doing to correct this?

When you see him diong that why don't you offer him something else like a nut of some sort I don't think the paper will hurt him really but I'm sure he would prefer something a little tastier mabie a graham cracker or a couple of cherrios Tyco love graham crackers she calls them cookies I usually just give her 1/2 ones.

Charlies hobby is tearing up books eg phone books or paper backs. He makes a right mess but I have not noticed him eating any of the paper.He also dips paper in his water dish.I will keep a very close eye on him to make sure though.Good luck<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2008/12/02 12:08

You know I thought I also caught our 2 eating paper as well, but when I really looked what they did was have it in their mouths for ages rolling it and rolling it until it was so small that you could hardly see it and then drop it. It was so small that I could hardly see it and thought that they had swallowed it. They even play with other toys while having this paper in their mouths and seem to hide it which made me think that they ate it, but they didn't they just rolled it really small.