NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to forum with a new baby coming!

Hello,

My name is Erin and I have no idea what my new Timneh baby will be named ;) . I do know that it is a hen and I will get to bring her home on Dec 13th when her breeder will be coming to my state for a show.

I currently am owned by a talkative quaker named Yoshi, and lovebird named Squeak (that I think said Yoshi tonight!) and a bunch of lady gouldian finches... and that is just the birds. There are dogs and cats here to. Yep, I am crazy for critters.

I am sure I will learn tons from this group and will start reading some of the back posts asap.

Thanks for making a spot for me!

Hi Erin nd welcome to the forum.

Wow, thats some flock you have there! They all must keep you nice and busy!

I bet Dec 13th cant come round soon enough for you, you will be counting down the days until you get your new baby home.

Cant wait to hear more about you both.

So glad you have joined.

Caroline.:)

Thanks for the welcomes.

Yep, it is a flock! It takes me about an hour and a half every day to clean cages and feed everyone. May sound strange, but it helps me relax after work :)

I have never owned a grey. But have been around many big birds including greys. I have done some research, but decided the best place to find was a forum. I belong to one for my dogs and have found it the first place I look for info. I am sure this will be much the same.

Once I get my regular computer back I will post some photos I have from the breeder. The software on this one wont let me change the size of the photos:angry:

Welcome Erin and Flock!!

I'm sure you are anxiously awaiting the day you get your Grey. You came to the right place to both research and get good answers to your questions.

It's GreYt having you here and looking forward to hearing a lot more from you. :-)

Hello Erin and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new baby grey you are getting.

You do have quite a zoo there but a grey will fit in nicely as long as you supervise all time out of the cage with those dogs and cats around.

You will learn much here from our many knowledgeable members and do read thru the threads for lots of useful information that will prove invaluable in the coming days, weeks and months down the road. You may ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of this new grey and you can share some pics of your other flock members in the other birds room if you like.

Well today was the day. I picked up my little girl about an hour from home. I had a name in mind, but when I met her it didnt seem to fit. As I was driving home the name Twila popped in my head and seemed perfect!

How is it possible to be totally smitten in just a few hours? She is so outgoing. I put her in her cage and she promplty went about playing with all her toys. She is wonderful! Her breeder did a great job with socializing her.

This a link that the breeder sent me when I was trying to decide between the girl or boy. She is the one that does the head stand.. and she has already done it for me :)

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/coldcreekaviary/?action=view&current=2008_1121Image0002.flv