NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Oil lamps, candles, etc...

Guest Phunkygal

Guest Phunkygal

Hello everyone (Gibson giving out a big whistle to his fellow CAG's)...

We've already had one power outage this year which brings up several questions. I know you are not supposed to burn scented candles but how about regular wax candles? Going in that direction, how about oil lamps?

Pre-CAG my wife was a big candle fan... She has put them aside for Gibson.

Her latest question to me was about boiling cinnamon sticks in water similar to hot mulled cider for aroma purposes... I would think that it would be a smell, not burnt particles (even though to smell something, something is in the air). It's not to mask anything but you know, like the smell of a fresh baked apple pie... She's into that (me tooo, apple pie :0) ).

Anyway, just confirming what's good and what's bad so we don't go on uninformed.

Guest SchreibG

in a well ventilated area none of the mentioned items are a problem, if you're going to light a candle/oil lamp/ etc. make sure is not next to your grey and his not breathing any of it, even the Teflon pans could be use with care using the same principle of having some kind of airflow/ventilation

Guest Phunkygal

Interesting. I thought that the black residue given off by burning the candle (scented or unscented) is what clogs up the CAG's air systems...

I knew about the teflon, cleaning the oven, etc. Still looking into the candle saga. Already have been burning logs in the fireplace, but that vents up the chimney.

I believe that the only part of scented candles that can hurt Gibson is the led wick. I think the same thing would apply to oil lamps. As far as boiling cinnamon sticks, as long as the pan is not teflon then

I think you are fine.

Guest DjHarlequin

sake I will say that the *only* thing to do to make the house smell nice is to bake lots of apple pies, apple crumble, jam roly poly and the like :0)You can always join weight watchers in the Spring.

• 5 years later...