NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Echo and the Bunnymen Concert

she

Well I have always loved the Bunnymen and last night did not disapoint. They came on stage at about 8.30 and from that second gave a fantastic performance. They opened with Lips like sugar and went on to do villiars terrace , The cutter as well as many other of their album tracks plus a new track from a new album out next year.Then followed an interval.When they came back on stage they performed the full ocian rain album with a full orchastra.It was fantastic. Ian Mcculloch sounded as good as ever and Will Seargent played like a dream.There were some laughes aswell like when McCulloch called Liverpool Councill a load of To...rs.The place was cheering like mad when he said that. I must agree with him on that one.During the first set a few people asked for a favourite song but he was having non of it and kept to the set.At the end everyone wanted an oncore but all they done was introduce everyone and then went off. I was a bit miffed at that.After all, it was to celebrate 30 years of them being together and as they were in their home city I really think they should have done one or two songs as an oncore.I recon they were on for over two hours . The concert got a lot of hype in the local paper which ran an 8 page pull out on them yesterday.To finish off, It was a fantastic performance but I was left wishing they had done the oncore, that was strange,then again thats the Bunnymen.

Sheila, sounds like you had a great time! My husband Dave was so jelous you were going as these have always been one of his favourite groups! I would have loved to hear them sing The Cutter, one of their best songs.

Lets hope the new Academy they have built in Leeds will attract groups like these, its about time we had some good live music here as the nearest place is normally Sheffield, dare I say it I actually went to see Westlife there the other year:whistle: Must have looked a bit out of place with all those screaming teenagers:laugh:

Did you get lots of pictures last night? If you did will you post some for us?

Glad you enjoyed it and we will look forward to the new album.

Caroline:)

I took photos but non turned out.The light was not enough.I was by a couple who came down from Leeds with their 18 year old son. They were mad Bunnymen fans and the son had grew up loving them. The Bunnymen played at the carling accadamy last year and that is a really small venue, I cant believe I never went to that. Livepools new arena is attracting some class groups so I am sure one in Leeds will do the same.