NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HELP... need gift ideas 4 new grey owner

I would love to give some suggestions:) Can you please tell us a little more about the grey? How long they've had him? Age of the grey? Anything about the personality of the grey would be helpful. I think we can help out better and give better suggestions if we know a little more. I've already got several ideas but will wait till we hear more.<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/11/27 00:29

As Erika just said any information about the Grey would be helpful, but if you don't no to much about it you could make a gift basket of birds treats and toys. Go to your local pet store and make sure everything you get is marked for an African Grey, also a gift certificate from a local pet store would be welcome. If you want something a little different go to the local Home depot or Hardware stoe and get them a new "Dustbuster" because they will need it because the cleaning is just starting:laugh: . And they will appreciate it.

Just a few suggestions

Carolyn & Mika

I've noticed in a lot of pet stores in the bird section they have "gourmet" treats that look like pastries and candies,made especially for exotic birds. Toys are always a great idea. Wood perches & rope perches (atleast 1" thick) Extra food bowls are always handy. The list goes on and on. Gosh, this is making me want to go shopping:blink:

a gift basket with wet wipes, pine nuts and raw macadamias, toys and a gift certificate would be so very nice.

hey sgt i see that is your first post. hope we were easy to find. get your friends signed up here too willya??? judygram will be wanting photos ASAP.

welcome to the family.

-s

sandra902 wrote:

hey sgt i see that is your first post. hope we were easy to find. get your friends signed up here too willya??? judygram will be wanting photos ASAP.

Thanks Sandra and yes please tell us a little more about yourself.:);)<br><br>Post edited by: judygram, at: 2008/11/27 17:40

Gift certificates to wherever they purchase their bird food and toys, bird books- maybe a recipe book with ideas for things to cook for your bird, ideas or plans for building playstands and toys for birds, the book "For the Love of Greys" by Bobbi Brinker. The new book "Alex and Me" by Dr Irene Pepperberg. These are just a few ideas I have, if you want to spend a lot, maybe a playstand for their bird!

One thing that many owners overlook is a bird first aid kit. You can find a good one at

nalanitoys.com

this website also has wonderful toys that are labeled for greys and reviewed by birds. Its a fun site, fairly priced and has great content. As they make many of their own toys, packages take a little longer to arrive than with most sites. If you e/mail them they will usually rush it for you if you have a good reason ;)