NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Whats he doing ?

Gazbhoy

Hey im just new to african greys and got one last week his name is finlay and hes 2 years old, hes took to my mum but not really took to me that much but i can get him to step up and sit on my shoulder etc.... Although he has started biting me just recently. He does a strange thing when my mums handling him what is he doing ? Have a look at the video i took plz.

He's obviosly going through a mating ritual. When you see the wings hanging down like that and he's making huffing and tiny chirping sounds, he's getting more and more excited. He wants your mom to pet him under the wings and and lower breast area.I wouldn't advise you allowing that behavior to continue. When he does that, put him down on his cage and let him relax a bit. Sometimes, when they're doing that and you don't respond with the petting in those areas they get frustrated and become nippy. He's already trying to pull your mother's hand in closer to his body.

My mum says everytime she lifts him out he acts like that she asked if you have any tips to stop him acting like that ?. She talks to him and he gets exited. Hes bringing up seed aswell when hes acting like this. When mu mum put him bk on the cage after i took the video he ruffled his feathers up and had a few bites of my finger, is that whats causing it ?