NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

PLEASE READ; STOLEN AFRICAN GREYS

Lovelylew

Hello Everyone,

My cousin in Connecticut made me aware of a situation there involving African Grey’s being stolen from an aviary. Below is all of the information on the birds.

I am asking each and every one of you to forward this e-mail onto everyone you know and then some. Bird clubs, sanctuaries, rescues and breeder’s, the owner is asking that you print out the flyer from the link in her message and post it onto your websites and in the windows of your businesses. Please do this. If we keep forwarding the message on, we can get it across the U.S. and into Canada and help get these precious creatures back home where they belong.

Forward, forward, forward……………………put yourself in this lady’s shoes and you’ll know how heartbroken she is.

Kim

Kim Aldinger

Newsletter Editor

York Area Pet Bird Club

York, Pennsylvania

www.yorkareapetbirdclub.com

STOLEN

7 Congo African Grey Parrots

and

1 very plucked Timneh.

I was in my home tending to my father as he passed away and 1 1/2 hours later received news that these birds were stolen. Burglars broke into my aviary and took half the free flighted birds in one flock. I have since relocated all remaining A. Grey birds to a safe haven.

Most were young, ranging from 3 - 12 years old. Two brothers were torn apart after living together for 19 years. They deserve to be reunited along with the entire flock. All of the birds were together, some up to 2 decades, only to be separated in such a brutal way from their long time flock mates.

They may have had their flight feathers trimmed by now.

I kept these birds for observation on captive reared flock behavior. It was almost a 3 year project that is now junked.

I want my babies to come home where they belong. The remaining greys are traumatized as I imagine the stolen ones are also.

Please download the attached flyer at this link http://www.connecticutparrotsociety.org/documents/Stolen%20parrot%20flyer.doc and post it where ever possible...street posts, websites, pet stores, vets and send to as many breeders as possible. Send the link to as many chat rooms and online forums as possible.

These are not tame pets. I imagine they are being sold as breeders in nearby states. NY, NJ, CT, RI, MA etc. I beg you to forward any leads you may have to this email StolenBirds@mail.com

No questions asked if they are safely returned or dropped off in a pet store within a carrier. Attach by taping a note on top of the carrier with CT State Police Case # CFS 0800516369 and cover carrier with a towel.

Or call 860-886-BIRD (2473) with any information that may lead to their return. Please don't take it upon yourself to confront or investigate the lead. Although I love each one dearly, they may have comfortable lives with who ever ends up purchasing them from these thieves, and risking your life is not worth it.

Thank you everyone, & especially to you Jen of KBAH !

Broken Hearted in CT

Barbara<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2008/11/24 02:34

This is what the flyer said. The only thing that did not copy here was a generic picture of an African Grey. Hope this helps.

Please call

860-886-BIRD

PRIVATE PHONE

OR

StolenBIRDS@mail.com

Cash Reward for information resulting in the safe return of ‘any’ or ‘all’ of these birds

I will contact all I no in Ontario Canada, please If the head offices of the major Pet Stores are in the US SEND then a copy of this and ask them to distribute to all there stores so a store will watch out for any one trying to sell them.

Also if everyone watches there local newspaper for adds "Birds For Sale" you may want to keep the add and phone and ask a few questions, if it does not feel right pass the information along to the right people.

Have the police contact the border crossing between US & Canada to be aware if any people are attempting to cross the border with birds.

Carolyn & Mika

Thank you to everyone for spreading the word around. The more people that know about this, the more hopeful it would be that the birds get home safely.

I just received this update from my bird club member regarding questions that people have asked regarding the stolen Greys.

It reads ** A few people have asked if the theft of the Grey's just happened or if it's something that happened awhile ago.

It just happened a few weeks ago, so please spread the word. They are still missing and waiting to be reunited with their flock mates.

Kim

Kim Aldinger

Newsletter Editor

York Area Pet Bird Club

York, Pennsylvania

www.yorkareapetbirdclub.com

STOLEN: OCTOBER 24, 2008 B&E & Burglary

7 Congo African Greys and 1 Plucked Timneh These birds are not tame.

They most likely will be sold as breeders or future breeders. They were free flighted for sheer pleasure and to document captive flock behavior.

Most were young, males and females ranging from 3-12 years. Two brothers were torn apart after living together for 19 years. They deserve to be reunited along with the entire flock.

They may have had their flight feathers trimmed by now. The remaining greys and other parrots have been relocated.

No questions asked if they are safely returned or dropped off in a pet store within a carrier. Attach a note on top of the carrier with CT State Police Case # CFS 0800516369 and cover carrier with a towel.

Please help by copying and distributing the flyer at this link below http://www.connecticutparrotsociety.org/documents/Stolen% 20parrot%20flyer.doc

CASH REWARD For information resulting in the safe return of 'any' or 'all' of these birds. They mean the world to each other & to me.

If you believe you may have purchased any or all of these birds, I will gladly reimburse your full expense to have to returned. No Questions asked.

Email StolenBirds@mail.com

860.886.BIRD (2473)

Thank you everyone for their support and prayers

Barbara

Broken Hearted in CT

Hello Grey Forum Members

I wished to let everyone know I appreciate the support & prayers I have received. So many people have emerged to assist in finding my birds; it has helped to restore my faith in humanity.

I still search. It is one month now, yet I believe they are still with the thief(s) who will undoubtedly will try to sell them in the near future.

These thief(s) broke through a window during the night, ripping my flock of greys in half, tearing siblings and chosen mates from each other. It is unfair, cruel and traumatic. All remaining parrots have been relocated for safety. Some still exhibit signs of stress. I can only imagine the emotional anguish they have experienced.

I believe from the bottom of my heart that the flock will be reunited. My belief has not faltered. It is renewed daily as I receive the continued support from so many strangers across the USA.

I know the power of prayer will bring them home.

Thank you

Barbara

Broken Hearted in CT