NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

So my bird likes to eat my spit =/

Moddy

Jup.. Just as the title says.. He loves to kiss but he always trys to put his beak in my mouth and well we have a thing where i'm holding his "waist" and he's upside down and i'm blowing on his beak and he's opening and closing it like he's taking in my breath or something lol sounds weird but he does anyways has anyone else had a similar experiance?

I was kissing my bird on the beak for a while...it was cute...I loved it, he loved it. I took him to the vet for a check up and they found some nasty bacteria in his mouth :sick: ...then she saw me kissing him...she said to stop kissing him on the beak for two weeks and bring him back for a re-test. Well, I did and his test turned out great...no more bacteria. I was making him sick by kissing him on the beak. It kinda sucks that I can't kiss him anymore, but I don't want him to be sick either.

I used to have a ring-necked parakeet who used to chew my bottom lip, then stick his head in my mouth and say Oooooooh! He never got sick, but that may have been more by luck than judgement. I don't do it with Casper as although he's alot tamer than when I got him, I'd still be a bit worried about him taking a chunk out of my lip - not to mention the bacteria thing (and the fact that he seems to like eating his own poo at the moment - what a delight!).

Julia

Hmm well this seems like a problem then. I think he's so interested in putting his beak in my mouth well cause he does like to explore my teeth.. but his owners fed him mouth to mouth and well I will still kiss him in all cause that's not much of the problem just no more blowing on his beak or letting him try and french me. Lol...But most of the time I kiss him I will kiss him on the neck cause he starts to make different noises :P

Both Izzy and Gabby want kisses (mouth to mouth), which is fine, I try to keep just lip to beak but Gabby loves my husband, and will actually try to pry his lips open. Sammie our SunConure loves kisses too, he's just more persistant with "french kisses"...

Guest briansmum

i'm glad i read this i didn't know about the bacteria,i've been kissing brian on the top of his beak, just a little peck (with my mouth closed), we havent had any inside mouth to mouth contact, he should be ok right?