NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

potty training

Guest Daimiojin

Guest Daimiojin

weve had a grey for about 3 1/2 years now. he was hand reared and knows no fear. Whilst he will on the whole step up and down on command, we have had difficulty potty training him. Whenever he goes now he says good boy but not always in the right place! can anyone recommend a good method of doing this?

Guest DjHarlequin

Isn't that a great way to start up a conversation with other bird owners who tend to notice things like poop or seed in your hair lol.

Guest DjHarlequin

they fly about) it is hard to train any bird to do this. I personally believe that it is not necessary and can in fact be dangerous to insist on it. I'm afraid if you are net prepared to live with a tiny poop, and perhaps simply wipe it with a damp cloth, I would question why you have a bird as a pet.

I have many birds, also cats and dogs in the house, oh and 2 piglets. The piglets are not yet house trained, and occasionally one of the other animals makes a mistake. My house doesn't stink because I have a mop and bucket handy, my animals are not upset by the fact that they had an accident. Chill out. After all, what is a little poopoo between friends :0)