NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A big thank you and an update!

dizzybird

Thanks so much to every one who gave me advice on improving my birds life.I really appreciate it.

On a practical level i've bought natural branches from a bird shop and removed the concrete perches and dowel.I am so pleased that he now has no sores or red patches on his feet even though he hung upside down for hours before he could summon up the courage to stand on the new wood!!I am now waiting for him to try the sandy perch from northern parrots.

I have gradually changed him over to tidy mix which i had already ordered and bought some pellet stuff specially for greys which he eats.

I have spent hours talking to him and he now comes out.When he is on the floor he will now step onto a dowel or onto my hand but if he is on his cage he wont.However when on his cage he will threaten and walk away rather than attack like before which i appreciate is a step forward.

I am so proud of him because he shook with fear each time i went near him but we have kept going and now he comes to me which is such a reward.

So what should i be thinking of doing with him next? or do i just carry on gaining his trust?

I am so glad to hear this. I read your original post and how he came to you and you are just working miracles on him. I think you are doing everything right and time will take care of the rest. I bet he is so thankful and I'm sure the trust has already begun and will continue to grow. He must feel so much better already. :)

Thanks for the update. It sounds like he is progressing very nicely under your care.

Just give him time and allow him to determine how fast he wishes to broaden his horizons and trust level. It sounds like things are going very well for the relatively short time you have had him. :-)