NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New member, not a new Parrot buddy

AlphaWolf

Hi all.

Rebel is my African Grey Timneh that I have had for the last 25 years.

My wife brought him home to console me over my loss of my long time pet Conure. Rebel was a wild caught bird which were still available back then. He was about 1 year old when I got him home.

Well 4 months of patient attention and painful at times work with him and Rebel went from a mad wild bird to my little buddy.

His intelligence and affection has and is a source of joy. He is still my little buddy.

He never did get over his fear of towels which I am reminded of everytime he visits the vet who used one.<br><br>Post edited by: AlphaWolf, at: 2008/11/22 00:26

Hello AlphaWolf and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Rebel.

Wow you have had Rebel for a long time so I guess he is your little buddy, you two should have quite a relationship going, there is nothing quite like it, they are so special.

Not that you need it but we do have lots of useful information in our many threads so browse thru them at your leisure and do ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Rebel you would like to share with us we would love to see him.

Welcome AlphaWolf and Rebel!!

Wow, you've had Rebel a long time and obviously did a wonderful job in taming him and getting him adapted to cohabitation with humans, which I am positive was a real challenge. Kudos for that. :-) It would be interesting to hear about the techniques you used and how he progressed over time.

Looking forward to hearing a lot more from you and seeing some photos when you get a chance.