NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

warm water

icegudi

My bird has taste for warm water. We let him drink from the tab in the bathroom, he really likes to get his water fresh :D Once I tried to give him warm water and he liked it so much that I had to stop him drinking because it didnt look like he was ever going to stop, he just kept drinking and drinking. This is still what happens usually and afterwards he poops very wet and warm poop.

Do your bird like warm water? It must be for him like tee or coffie is for us, something different.

Mine also likes warm water. But I think that your grey may have thought it was warm food!!I only give them a little warm water in the morning but thats it. They are not big drinkers. Their body will get rid of any excess water their body doesnt need hence the watery poop.

I give Misty warm water in the morning when I have my coffee. He will also drink with relish so I take care he does not over do it.

It started when he first stole coffee from my cup. Caffeine is bad for parrots but I had to fight him for my coffee so I gave him hot water in a cup and he was happy with that. Now the first thing he asks for in the morning is "water water".

If I dare to try to give him cold water he gets quite cross!

I give him only bottled water and boil it in the kettle.

Steve n Misty

Hehe that is so funny :D When I was younger we had a Sun conure who did the same thing with my fathers coffee cup, after that he had to be really careful with coffee, even cold coffee, he just loved it.

Here in my country we have very good quality of water, so everyone drinks from the tab, I like it much better than bottled water we get it ice cold and pleasant, I hadnt even heard of water in bottles until I went on a holiday to Spain with my parents and they told us never to drink from the tab. :) I bet it sounds crazy!

This is interesting. My Grey fights to get at our coffee cups and we must be on the watch at all times as to not forget and set a cup down and go do something. We come back and his gulping down coffee like a madman.

Will definitely get him warm water and see if that will resolve the coffee battles. :-)

Misty is very alert to water , coffee, and tea. In the kitchen he watches as I pick up my coffee cup and says "coffee" , If I pick up the teapot he will say "cuppa tea".

If I pick up the water bottle or turn on a tap he says "water". In the morning he can hear me rattle around in the kitchen although he can't see me but I can hear him say "coffee" as soon as I put the kettle on!

:)

I am surprised the CIA or MI5 don't train them as spies as they have such brilliant powers of observation......Or perhaps they do !!

:ohmy:

Steve n Misty

Mine all love tea and coffee also. I have to guard my cup with my life almost or I'd have all seven of my birds fighting over who ges the next drink.:laugh: Mabie I'll try the warm water anything so I can enjoy a cuppa tea all to myself. I often thought of getting them their own decaffinated but I don't know how good that would be for them either.