NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello im a new member

Gazbhoy

Thanks Dave

I think he is a little spooked from the drive becuase i was holding him earlier before i bought him and now hes a little snappy, so will let him get used to his new environment and get him to gain my trust. I will definately be using this site a lot in the future its got a lot of great information.

Well, he's not doing any thing unusual. That'sthe way they act. Just go slow and easy and always ask about things before jumping into something that you're not sure about. Loads of people here will guide you and put you on the right path. For now, just let relax cause soon, he's gonna take a nap because of all the excitement.

PSD--look at the NURSERY area. You see many interesting thing there.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/11/21 00:00

Hello Gazbhoy and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new to you grey.

BTW, what is his name?

Since you just brought him home today give him some time to settle in, he is in a new environment, new owner and everything is overwhelming to him at the moment. Once he starts feeling more comfortable then he will be more like his lovely self. It does take time to build the bond and he has to come to trust you to do that so be very patient with him.

Do you have any other birds? I know you are excited about this new addition and I know you are in for a lifetime of happiness, I remember the day I brought my grey home, oh what memories.

Please take some time and read thru the many threads, you will find lots of useful information there and do ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Do you have any pictures of this grey, if so please share some with us as we would love to see them.

Welcome Gazbhoy and congratulations on bringing home your new Grey!!

It will take a little time for him to become accustomed to his new home, furnishings and family members. Just some time and patience will allow him to flourish in his new home. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

I will take some pictures and post them up in the next few days, his other owners called him finlay although i dont like the name i thought i better keep it as it as he will be familliar with it. His last owners had him on a poor diet of nuts and seeds so hes kinda fat lol Im trying to get him eating fruit and veg but hes kinda just taking a bite and discarding it ? Although he enjoys apple. He was brought up with cats as my cat was with birds so the 2 of them enjoy having a little peek at eachother. This is my first greay so i have been using the forum trying to pick up a bit of knowlege. Thanks everyone for being so nice. Gary