NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

IntroducingToys ?

Poppy

Well George is finally showing interest in playing ! I have hung the toys on the outside of his cage and he is now attempting to play with them !When do I attempt to put them inside the cage ! Do I do it bit by bit and slowly towards the door and then inside or do I put them inside the cage opposite where there were on the outside ? I don't wont to scare him now he is showing signs of liking them ! :)

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/the-nursery/104327-introducing-new-toys.html

Hiya Marie,

Above is a link I wrote for the Nursery room but you can still use this guide for introducing new toys to George.

I am pleased to hear he has started to take an interest in his new toys, just remember to take things slowly with`him as he may still be slightly nervous.

Please keep us updated! Good luck.

Caroline.

If Charlie plays with new toys outside the cage I can usually put them inside.I put them in the room for a bit, then hang on the outside bottom of the cage and gradually move them up.when he pecks at them It is usually ok to put them in.Cracker has no fear and I can usually just put his toys right in.

I am very lucky in this factor, both of my greys want their new toys NOW!! When they see me come in the door with a bag from any of the pet stores they get very excited. If I do not at least give them something, they will go and find out what I got them and take it.