NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Holiday Parrot Humor

Kaedyn

This is just a bit of holiday humor I thought I'd share. Forgive me if you've already seen this one or if this isn't the proper place for it!

-------------

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. It quickly became apparent that the parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying polite words, playing soft music, and giving him head scritches, but it made no difference.

Over time, John became fed up and started yelling at the parrot, but the bird just yelled right back. John shook the parrot, but the bird just got angrier and more obnoxious. In an act of desperation, John grabbed the bird and threw him in the freezer. For the first few minutes the parrot squawked, scraped, and pecked. Then all of a sudden there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for well over a minute.

Fearing the worst, John darted to the kitchen and threw open the freezer door. The parrot calmly stepped up onto John's outstretched arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and behavior. I am sincerely remorseful and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the dramatic change in his bird's attitude. Before he could even question what brought about this sudden change the bird said, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

Happy Thanksgiving!