NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Crock Pots?

gbdb_kcb

Hi All:)

I hope everyone is well! I have a question... Does anyone know if Crock Pots are considered safe around our babies? I am OVERLY cautious, so I told my husband before we start the pot roast I must check if it is ok first:)

The Crock Pot is called Rival and underneath the Logo it says Stoneware Slowcooker.

Any help suggestions, comments would be great!

Thank you so much,

Booty Goo's Mom

You are so awesome! Thank you so much! Pot Roast for dinner. Yum:) I need to visit more often, life tends to get in the way, but will bookmark us at work:)

Thank you so much again, you know how protective I am of my girl:)

Have a great day!

Leigh:)

Check the corrd often and do not leave it running while you aren't home. If it has a bad enough crack/fracture, the thing could blow up, if it runs out of moisture because you get delayed or the lid doesnt form a tight seal, it might smoke.....and if it old, worn out/has cord damage, it may cause a fire. I may be a bit sensitive because I hear a lot of horror astories in my line of work, but I would never leave anything that involvs heat on when you aren't home to supervise. If you are concerned about time (most people like crock pots because they can handle slow cooking meals)I have heard that if you seal the top of the pot with foil before putting the lid on, it cuts the cooking time down by about half. i can't verify the correctness of this though, as the only things I make are reservations and delivery orders.