NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

new babie

alfie2008

hi guys

i am a proud mummy of my new grey his name is charlie wow cant believe i have him after alfie dying i thought i would find it hard to bond with a new one but it best thing i eva done my friend breeds greys and had three so she offered me one they are huge the lady she sends them to hand feed and hand tame them they stopped feeding for her at nine weeks wouldnt take anymore formula or off the hand they were all starting to feed on own she said she dont like sending them home that early.i weighed him last nite an e is 450g he huge compared to wat alfie was like :ohmy:

he ten weeks now will be eleven weeks on monday e is a big bird his parents are huge too e really is lovely e luvs to go sleep on my chest i cant let him get into habbit of doin it but e seems so content lyin there e not quite got the grasp of cage yet uses his wings to support himself i bit worried he will hurt them in process e sleeps loads to maybe in few weeks e will get bit more active i hope lol

I am so pleased for you.

No one deserves this more than you do!

You will always have great memories of Alfie but I know Charlie will bring you so much love, I am glad you found a place in your heart for another grey.

Please keep us updated about Charlie and post some pictures when you get the time.

Congratulations.

Caroline:)

ah thanx caroline that was a lovely reply trying my best to not keep thinkin of alfie but charlie has brought joy to the house will get soe pics sorted tomorro for ye all tryin to get charlie to step up e not really too steady on his feet or around cage keeps droppin to bottom bless him has that baby cry too when e wants to out cage

Its ok to think of Alfie for you will never forget him, you will always carry a piece of him in your heart and getting Charlie means you have a huge heart to open it up for another grey, I think it honors Alfie the most this way.

He does sound like a big boy and weaned early but if he refuses the formula then he knows best.

He is still going to be unsteady yet, he is still a young baby so you enjoy the cuddles and such while you can for a lot of them grow out of that stage.

Remember to put his perches lower in the cage and pad the bottom with towels or blankets to cushion him when he falls.