NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Getting a new Grey!

AdamB

I'm getting to pick out which baby Congo Grey i want this weekend. The babies are 5 weeks old. I can't take him/her home for a few months, but i get to spend time with em everyday. I will put up a picture once i decide which one i want

Adam

Hello Adam and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey you want.

This is an exciting time in your life, you are about to pick out a baby that will be a lifetime committment and one not to be taken lightly.

You have it great that you can spend some time every day with your new baby, most of us didn't have that option but this will go a long ways toward bonding with your baby grey.

Have you ever had a grey before? Have you ever had any other parrots before? We like to get some info to help us to get to know you a little better.

Please do read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We would love to see some pictures of your baby when you decide which one, we love to look at the babies.

My family had different birds when i was growing up, but no parrots. I decided on the greys becuase of the intelligence over other birds. Right now i'm in the process of looking for a cage. I will definitely take pictures on saturday and post them. I live in south dakota, so i will definitely get a harness as soon as possible...very windy here

Some of the members here have gotten some good deals on cages on ebay, you might try that and see what they have available, remember it needs to be big enough for them to fully open their wings and flap without touching the sides.:);)

May I say you are a nice looking chap from your avatar.B) :whistle: :cheer:

Hiya Adam,

Welcome to the forum!

You have come to the right place to get advice off lots of wonderful members here. Take time and read through the threads or post your questions for everyone to answer.

Please take some time to look in the Nursery room. There is a thread in there to help you before you choose your baby and others which will help when you bring your baby home.

I cant wait to here more about you and your new grey, I look forward to seeing some photos.

Caroline.

Welcome Adam!!

How wonderful to be able to visit and let the grey pick you. Plus, with all the visitations, bringing home your Grey will be an easy transition due to him\her already being attached to you.

Looked forward to hearing more and seeing the photos. :-)