NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Beginning the journey

redkim

Hi All!

My name is Kim and I live in the Southern California area. I have always had animals - small and large, lots of bird experience and a graduate of the EATM program in Moorpark, CA.

I have always wanted an African Grey parrot, I have worked with many, but the circumstances were never right enough for me to feel comfortable bringing one of these gorgeous birds into my personal life, and looking back I made the right decision. Well now life has settled and I am ready for my first African Grey.

In doing tons of research I may have completely boggled my mind! So even having been around and worked with these bords previously I have some questions!

Hello Kim and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey you plan to get.

You are doing the right thing in researching, reading and asking questions even though you have worked with many of them, it is different when you actually own one.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so read thru them at your leisure and do ask those questions you have and we will help you in any way we can.

Hiya Kim, and welcome to the forum.

Its great you are still doing lots of research, even though you have experience with birds the responsibility and life time commitment is a totally different thing.

Are you looking for your grey in the near future? Or have you seen one already?

Whatever you decide, wether it be a rescue or a baby you will get lots of advice on here.

Keep us all posted and let us all know on your decision.

Good luck.

Caroline.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!! I can see this is a fantastic place to be!

I am looking to get a grey after the first of the year. I don't want to bring home a baby during the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

I would love to do a rescue as that is a subject near and dear to my heart however I know at this point I do not posess the necessary tools to provide a good knowledgeable home for an older bird that may have issues.

Luckily being in So Cal I have access to 2 great breeders so I can visit both and take my time. I have also heard of Wendys parrots but I would prefer to avoid the stress of shipping if possible.