NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

George

gourdlady247

There is a little trick to help him step up without biting you .

You hold the treat up , out of reach and get his attention on the treat , then while he is focusing on it , slowly slide your hand under his feet and the treat into his beak .

It may take several times.Also you can put some treats in his carry cage and maybe he would go in for them .My CAG will do anything for a Cheetos , he used to go after me when I would work in his cage , so I would get him to the highest perch give him the cheetos and he would leave me alone.Those days are over , now he will step up and come out without attacking me .It just takes time .

he gave me a scare a little while ago. He was on the top perch in his cage and fell to the bottom. Luckly he didn't hitanything on the way down, and the bottom of the cage is padded with a nice thick blanket.And of courdse i can't touch him to make sure he's ok so i'm just watching him.

I can just imagine how ou feel. I had to take Tycos Boing away from her she kept unscrewing the hook from the ceiling and the falling boing and all to the floor. Scared the bejesus out of me so no more boing for Tyco. Its to bad She loved that thing. BUT better safe than sorry. I'm sure Goerge will be okay is he acting like normal or is he quiet or whats happening with him. Now I'm concerned so please let me know.

hey I just wanted to give an update on George.

We have a house full of people here for the next 10 days. So I haven't worked much with him in the last few days. But everyone saddles up the horses and went riding. So we got in some work one on one. We're still working on steping up. He will step up one the hand perch with both feetafter he bites on it a bit. and then step over off of it. So how do I get him to seay on the hand perch without him stepping off immediatly. I am trying to get him out of his cage and in a room he's not used to to work more with him. But he won't stay on my perch long enough.