NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is Pomegranate safe?

Anmlhggr

I was reading a book that I just recently bought and the author mentioned how she got her birds a Pomegranate and they all would split it (a slice or so each) - I think this sounds like a great idea and TONS of messy fun, however, what I'm wondering is .... couldn't they choke on the seeds? Deseeding a Pomegranate is not worth the time and I'm not worried so much about Woody as I am Indi - the little scoundrel tries to eat everything lol :laugh:

Misty loves pomegranate. And yes it is super messy. I cut it in half and hang it from his "tree". To be honest I don't think much of it ends up inside him judging from the mess on the floor underneath .

:cheer:

He did impress me once by learning to say "Pomegranate" but he has not used the word for a long time. He has decided that all fruits are "Orange" and thats fine by me.

:)

Steve n Misty

My three absolutely love pomegranate!

Yes they can be so messy, but its worth it seeing all three of them enjoying it so much!

I think its a favourite with greys as most of them seem to enjoy it. I get mine already in trays but that sounds like a great idea to hang it from the play tree, much more fun as well!

Caroline.