NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

male vs. female

gourdlady247

George which we think is a male, and which I'm the one who usualy works with him. My husband tonight was rearranging his toys cause I didn't have them in there right.They kept fall when I touched them. george never even lunged at him , but always does at me. I'm wondering if maybe he likes my husband more than me? Doug handed him a peanut and george kinda ducked his head like he would have let Doug scratch his head before he took the peanut.

It doesn't matter whether he's a male or female. It's possible that he's more attracted to a man right now. Greys are known as one person birds if it's allowed to happen. There's no way to give definite absolutely true factual answers to many of these things until some time has passed. Some greys will stay as one person birds and others can change. I say this because he's an older bird that has some history and being a one person bird might be part of that history. It doesn't mean you should stop trying to make headway with him.

I have many birds that perefer one or another, but, they will sooner or later except the not so perfer person.

Maybe not be has freindly like given kisses and stuff.

Give it time it is not unusal at all

REMEMBER..they are like children they run to the perfer parent first but, also loves the other.<br><br>Post edited by: Debbieknd, at: 2008/11/08 14:28

Roscoe is a DNA male Cag and I finished handfeeding him and as of right now at 5.5 mos old he loves me and puffs up at my husband or anyone else but ofcourse I know this can change with time as greys can and do change who they tollerate at any given time but he is a hoot right now mimicking my laugh and says step up and you want to go outside...talking to the dogs LOL! And his favorite is screaming at his toys or me "rolls eyes"