NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

brought home my 5 month old girl

david55

Hello David and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey.

You don't know much about greys do you? Have you ever had a parrot before? What is her name and is she dna'd a female?

She has just been brought into a new home with strange surroundings so give her a little time to settle in and get comfortable. Talk to her in a gentle voice and let her get used to you and any others in your family.

She probably sat on the water dish because that is the first place she saw to perch and stayed there but she will move around her cage more after she gets used to it, just be patient with her.

Quivering in the chest area is normal and you will see her do this from time to time, nothing to worry about.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so please read thru them at your leisure and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of her you would share with us we would love to see them.

Hi David55, welcome to the forum. Your new bird will have lots to adjust to, a new cage, new family, totally new surroundings. It will take some time for her to feel at home and figure out how to be a part of your flock. Give her time and talk sweetly to her. Open the cage door and see if she wants to come out and interact with you. Above all, take things at her pace and do not rush things. You may talk to the place or breeder you got her from and find out if she has any favorite treats and try offering her that. As Judy said, the shivering is a normal thing that greys do so do not be concerned about this. Best of luck with your new girl.

Hi David congratulations on your new grey. And happy birthday to you. You have called your grey she, has your grey been DNA tested and have you chosen a name yet? From your post, it sounds like your grey might be just a little nervous, just like you. You want to do the right thing and so of course you're anxious. Leave the door of the cage open and quietly and calmly talk to her. Read her a book, tell her a joke whatever just let her know you are there for her. She is eating sweet peas so try some other things, raisins, grapes, pieces of apple. Relax and give her time.

If you get a chance we would love to see some pictures. Good luck with your new friend, how exciting for you.

Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2008/11/07 22:24<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2008/11/07 23:38

Hiya David and welcome to the forum.

This is natural behaviour so dont worry too much about it. Like the others have said your new baby has a lot to take in at the moment and will be feeling very nervous. Take things very slowly, and let your baby settle in at her own pace.

There is a thread in the Nursery room about bringing your new baby home. Take time to read through all the threads in there as I am sure you will find them really useful.

Any questions you may have please dont hesitate to ask!

There are lots of great members on this forum who will be able to give you advice and we will all help to guide you through these early days.

Please post pictures in the Nursery room if you have any to share. I look forward to hearing more about you and your new baby grey.

Caroline.<br><br>Post edited by: casper, at: 2008/11/07 23:07

Annie is a lovely name David.

You have got so much to look forward to with your new baby.

Getting a grey I have got to say is truly one of the best things I have done in my life! Maybe thats why I have three;)

Time and patience will reap rewards, believe me in a few weeks time you will be telling us all what Annie has done each day and be such a proud parront.

Do you have any pictures of Annie yet? We love to see baby pictures:whistle:

Caroline.

• 2 weeks later...