NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to Forum

Maviarab

Hi all,

Found this place while researching suitable real branches as had forgot what could be used and what could not.

Well, little history, used to sell Greys for a large chain here in the UK before I left the company, hand trained a wild Grey I rescued around 6 or 7 years ago which I had to re home when me and the then wife divorced and I moved back into parents.

Anyway, after much deliberation (also have cats) have purchased a 12 week Grey (Congo) today but can't get him/her till next week as waiting for the pbfd blood test to come back before I can collect.

Spent 3 damn hours tonight building cage, phew now was that a job and a half heh. So, happy again I will be around a marvellous and intelligent creature once more. Will let you know and upload a pic once Ash is home :)

Marius

Hello Marius and welcome to the family, so glad you found us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Ash.

So you are not new to the grey world having had them before and now you are ready to bring another one back into your life, be sure you are ready to make this committment.

You will find lots of useful information including the safe branches list in our many threads so read thru them at your leisure and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

I look forward to seeing some pics of Ash when you can get them to share with us.

No idea whether male or female (with any luck might get to find out from the test but not holding breath) but will probably have sexed in the next few months anyway, not that it matters to me but its nice to know eh?

And yes found the information thanks, quite handy too, have a perfect tree in the back garden and a different one also suitable in next doors garden heh, so will be out later with my cutting gear :)

Thanks for the welcomes.

Hello Marius and welcome to the forum,

Sounds like you have a lot of experience with greys, so glad you could join us here.

Make sure you start a thread for Ash in the Nusery room when you bring your new baby home.

I look forward to hearing more about him and seeing some photos.

Caroline:)

Very much so Lyric yeah, but my Siamese has been more amusement than I could hope for lol. She really does not play with a full deck.

Hoping that she will be a great pal for the Grey, but as things never work out as you would like will have to see on that one.

Casper, had not noticed that section of the forum yet, so will be sure to post in there once Ash home and settled.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes.

Welcome Marius and Ash, love that name..the waiting for him to come home is slow, but the day will be hear soon;) You can use some of your time going through the threads here, sit back and enjoy.

Looking forward to seeing pics when you have Ash home and settled.

Carolyn & Mika

heh yeah...I am in the UK and get on well with neighbour so he does not mind me 'taking' the odd branch here and there. As its overgrown at the moment anyway and he is ill he is happy for me to cut it back and take/keep what I like so was great timing in a way.

And Carolyn, yeah have been perusing the forum, spent all day yesterday sorting branches/perches out and will be going shopping for him (fruit/veg etc) on Monday so keeping busy making sure everything is in order for when Ash gets here.