NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Afraid of the sun??

cflanny

ok I have had ZZero outside before he is always so obsessed with his harness I dont even think he knows hes out there. Its been cold and cloudy here but today the sun is shining bright so I wanted him to sit in the sun. he was on my hand sitting in a part of the room he is very used to but everytime I would move him into the sun he would fly away like he was scared to death. We moved to a differnt part with no sun he was fine, moved to a different room where the sun was coming in and he did the same thing. I wonder mabey hes afraid of the dust in the air but this would definalty be a first hes never scared of anything. wierd ?? I am not sure if being afraid of the sun is really possible but... wierd

It's very possible that he really doesn't wanna be recognized by the common people in the area. He may want more privacy. People probably spot him in his colorful harness and know that he's a well known figure. It's best to purchase a set of custom Christine Dior Sunglasses.

cflanny, I don't know how the sun accesses the are you have ZZero in inside, but here's my experience. Maxi's cage is in a room that has skylights, but I was careful NOT to place the cage right under the skylights, and I'm glad I took that precaution. Because I do notice that when she is out of her cage, she is keeping a sharp eye on those "holes in the ceiling", and I know that she sees every little tiny con-trail 5,000 feet up and of course every bird no matter how high it's flying. She really prefers not to be right under the skylights, it's obvious. So if Zzero seems to be afraid of the sun, I would suggest you take a really close look at the sky when she's spooking, because when Maxi spooks and I take a really good look, I ususally notice either a hawk circling REALLY high up,or an airplane, so tiny I can hardly see it. Their vision is amazing!

Maybe it might have something to do with the brightness of the sun and he is not used to it. So he gets into the sun and his eyes are like wow what is that and he backs off. I have watched our male when he is outside and his eyes go small and big and he runs under the shade to get away. Our female on the other hand turns into a sun bather and laps it up.