NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greys in the wild PLS HELP

MisterT

If anyone can help me find a none boring well put together documentary on how African Greys live in the wild that I can watch on the net or how to order it I would be extremely grateful and owe you one.B)

--------------------

Let love rule and die trying (Me)

Die for something or live for nothing (Rambo)

Unfortunately, a documentary of them for a full video of 45 to 90 minutes does not exist. No one has ever done this, though all of us would be willing to pitch in and fund such a journey.

Only short 1 to 3 minute clips exist. VERY disappointing.

You know, I just had another thought, we have members that live in Africa!! :woohoo:

How about our most beloved Afrikaans? What would it take to get someone there to go and tape Greys in the wild, flying, foraging, bathing, nesting, making whoopie (ok, I got carried away) you know a natural life?

This would be a sure seller in all countires and make all us Grey lovers/owners absolutely happy!!!<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2008/11/04 20:52

WPT (World Parrot Trust) supported an expedition to the Central African Republic by Diana May of the University of Arizona. This resulted in some of the first sound scientific information about the Grey Parrot and its ecology; and a new WPT video about this species in captivity and in the wild is available.

Maybe this would be what you are looking for;)

Carolyn & Mika

Nope, ordered it and was VERY disappointed in the minimal footage with most of it being how the damn trappers capture them....It pissed me off more than something enjoyable to watch. In fact, I stopped it because Dayo was in the room watching it with me and seemed Very upset with the screaming of the Greys being trapped. So I placed him on his stand in another room.

I have never watched that DVD again and never will.....

"Thanks Dan, did not realize that is what the video was about, it was recommended to me. But now I really don't want to see it."

Even if you don't want to watch it, and it is very upsetting, you could still buy it from the World Parrot Trust because they use the money they earn from it to rescue wild caught African Grey parrots in Africa. In fact they do amazing parrot conservation work world wide.

http://www.parrots.org/

:)

Steve N Misty

I have seen that video too on the WPT site. So it is not much more footage than on the Pollyvision 1 video. Well, i have been told that the reason why the part with the trappers is filmed, this is one of the few opportunities to see greys in the wild. It seems that they are so shy, that they live hidden between the trees and only come out on those elephant foraging sites. And that you only can see them if you use the trappers' camouflage huts.

I hope one day to be able to go to Africa to study them in the wild. But I wlll need a lot of money for that trip. So I will start studying the wild ringneck parakeets that live in our cities!

Seeing the pictures of them being trapped makes my heart hurt and totally sick. There's a place for those who harm little animals, and I wouldn't want to go there. Thanks for letting us know about the video...I'll just donate without ordering the dvd...I saw a video about the cruelty of parrots on youtube or something last week that was just sickening...The human race is purely disgusting.