NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

george agreed with us

gourdlady247

Its very hard to say what they understand and what the don't I'd like to beleive that they do understand especialy if they are a little bit older birds. I have dogs and they understand rverything I say to them so if a African Grey has the same inteligence as the great apes than the are much smarter than my dogs so In my opinion yes the understand what is being said to them. Tyco will state her opinion allot when my daughter and I are talking many times during the conversation Tyco will come up with the correct responce before I do.

I only bought my grey home on Sunday and his cage is beside the comp and I've been doing some printing and when its starts it say "printing started" and he picked that up already !!:laugh: :laugh: He sounds so funny !This is the only words he said since I bought him home .

I have to believe that Tobie understands what he sais at times. When I was building his play stand I carried the base in through the living room and he asked "what's that for". Of course I told him. I doubt he understood that though. When I was leaving on a trip the suitcase was in the floor of the living room, packed but I kept remembering things and adding to the suitcase. Everytime I went back to the suitcase he would ask "what's that for". That's the only time he ever used that expression before building the playstand. Oh yes, he did ask "what's that for" when I used the camera for the first time to take his picture. If we are eating dinner and he sees something interesting on my plate he will lean over and ask "whats that"