NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

new flight feathers...

Guest Johnny Slick

Guest Johnny Slick

My CAG is having difficulty with new flight feather growth on one wing. As they come in they break easily, and some of them appear

problem, and if so, what was done to resolve the problem? Feathers are fine on the other wing......Any info would be appreciated.

Guest DjHarlequin

They should have.

As a priority, if this was my bird, I would get a kit from avianbiotech, and send of a sample for testing for pbfd. It costs very little and is simple to do.

I suggest you do a search of pbfd so that you are able to understand about the disease.

Guest beerfish

Bertie has just lost the last of his clipped flight feathers. How long does it normally take for feathers to grow back. I think now that he is tamed and become very accustomed to his surroundings I will let them grow back and see how he goes with full flight.

Guest Johnny Slick

Zoe is three and one half years old. She was cleared by the vet for all diseases when I first got her, and has not been in contact with any other parrots. She has no problems with her beak and is otherwise healthy, active, and talkative. Her other feathers are fine. She did have the feathers clipped once on that side at the vets, and I did wonder if that might have been the reason they haven't grown properly, but I thought that they would grow in correctly the next time she molted. But so far no.....Has anyone out ther had a similar experience?