NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Wish me luck !

Poppy

I can totally vouch for the resuming talking over time. Gryphon didn't talk for the first couple of weeks. He's been with us 3 1/2 weeks now and now says two things. It is like getting a present every time he says a new word! Plus we have a wide assortment of beeps, buzzes, pings, yaps, and whistles.

Welcome home George.:)

George has been home a wek now.

Tues and weds he came out of his cage on his own and after a bit of coxing went back in later,however since then all he as done is either sit ob his perch or swing with the door open .He has mad no more attempts to come out .He takes anything i give him by hand really gently and if i go in his cage never lunges or trys to get me except when i get a bit to close to him !He talks away to himself when no-one in the room but when someone enters he becomes a mute.Has anyone any suggestions on what to do now and what my next move(s) should be ?:unsure:

George is a closet talker, he only talks when he thinks no one is listening or in the room where he is, some greys are like that.

I would give him some more time Marie, one week is not long and it may just take him more time to feel comfortable enough to come out and explore. Keep talking to him and giving him treats, maybe play with some toys nearby where he can see you and make out like you are having the time of your life and see if that peaks his interest.

Marie, you are trying too hard. Why should he come out if you keeping giving him treats and things inside his cage. Have you tried eating something he might like in front of his cage, a piece of fruit or a nut he likes, play with a toy he might like, ring a bell outside of his cage, make he want to come to you not the other way around. Relax, it will all come. Read some of these posts to him, just have more fun then he is, he will come to you, be patient.

I tried your advice and started to eat his favourite snack Cheese Tortillas He has watched my every move and has started to talk and call me non stop ! its so funny and felt bit rotten cause he was trying so hard to make me give him one ! He even said words i did not know he knew ! so will try this again tomorrow and will reward him lots if he comes out ! thanks for the advice guess im still very nervous and trying to do the right things for him .

he seems to say more every day

George

What you do

Colin (my dad)

Junie (my mum)

WHAT (thats me) lol

Rhys (my son)

Ashley ( previous son )

the phone ring tone

hello

George

and it seems more every day but always when im outta site or hiding and he seems to have such a funny laugh again mimicing me !

He was really annoyed at me tonite as well for not giving him his fav snack never heard him talk so much

Marie I remember those days so well, when chalie first came to me. He was 7 months old. He is now 5. I was so scared of letting him down. I can still remember the first time he spoke. I was sitting on the floor, playing with him.He looked right at me,climed on my knee and out came as clear as day, "Hello there"I am not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes that day. You are doing a great job with George He sounds fantastic.

Marie, you are doing a fantastic job with George!

Its going to take lots of time and patience, and the fact that George is starting to vocalise shows that he must be feeling comfortable in his new home with you.

Everyone is giving great advice. You are doing great,

keep these updates coming, we all want to hear about George:)