NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Curiousity

ladysadi

I have been hunting the internet for an answer and have had no luck.

When my TAG is out of the cage on my finger she often takes her left foot (she's a lefty heh) and puts her toe up under her chin into the hole in her bottom beak. I was wondering why she does this, because it seems like she does it a lot more often than any of my other birds have. I don't assume it's anything bad, was just interested to know if there is some specific reason for it. I tried to google and find the name for the spot on the chin where the beak opens up but was not able to find anything besides "mandible" & "maxilla" for names of the beaks.

If anyone knows of anything that might even be close to enlightening me let me know. Or if this makes no sense to you at all, maybe I can clear it up. LOL

Our female likes to stroke herself with her foot in that area under her chin and we thought it was a sign of contentment because she only does it when she is relaxed. She also sits on my boyfriends chest at night and raises her chin up to his nose and likes him to rub up and down in this area.