NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Barbara .....? a bird behaviorest

gourdlady247

November 1, 2008: “Parrot Behavior and Training Workshop” Shreveport, LA, USA. Hosted by The Ark-La-Tex Caged Bird Club. Barbara Heidenreich will be presenting a day long seminar on the basics of training parrots with positive reinforcement. Visit www.acbc.net for more information.

She is one of the most well known behaviorist around and I would prob. spend the money to learn a thing or two.<br><br>Post edited by: BMustee, at: 2008/11/02 05:05

I just did a little more snooping and found she will be in Dallas next weekend too....

" November 8-9, 2008: “Parrot Training and Enrichment Workshop” Austin, TX, USA. Hosted by Good Bird Inc and the Leather Elves. Barbara Heidenreich will be presenting a day long seminar on the basics of training parrots with positive reinforcement. The following day Robin Shewokis will be presenting a morning seminar on enrichment for parrots. Information on how to register will be posted soon. Space is limited!. "

Here is where to sign up - http://www.goodbirdinc.com/parrotweekend.html<br><br>Post edited by: BMustee, at: 2008/11/02 05:18

We attended one of her workshops and we found it really worth while. We were new bird owners then so for us it was invaluable. She helped us with a lot of challenges that we had with our grey at the time. Our male was only 6 months when we went and he changed so much after that workshop. I think he changed because we were taught how to actually look after him in terms of training.