NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Need some advice on cages

shera36

Im looking @ 2 cages And im totally confused on which one to get..the first one is a exotic bird cage it has a playtop and the size is Exterior Dimensions: Width 32 " Depth 23" Height 66"

Interior Dimensions: Width 32" Depth 23" Height 30"

Bar Spacing: 5/8"

Bar Thickness: 4mm Is that to small???

Or I have a friend that wants to get rid of a king cage model 137 perfect condition for 200.00Size: 36"W x 24"D x 6'2"H

Bar Spacing: 1" 6mm Bar or 5/8" 4mm Bar

Inside height: 46" is that a good deal which way would you go?

I would go with the King cage. That is one of the top and pretty expensive brands that I have found. I have a king cage in my garage. I got Baxter a bigger cage. The new one is a good cage but it is not a King cage and I am happy with it but can definately the tell the quality of a King cage is much much better.

The King is also wider. I don't think they need the height as much. I had a open cage that went to the floor and my other bird only used the top half anyway:) Good luck on your decision. I hope you post a picture of it once you get it.

I have purchased a EzCare playtop 32"x23"x37" inside dimensions. This is my pick because it has a full front door for easy cleaning access, plus a regular door for every day. There are two debris trays which have screening/bars over them so birds can't escape when the trays are removed. The access doors are sliding bolt locks which I also like in case my friend is a smart escape artist. My cage was $279 on sale.

Shera36 of the two cages, your friend's sounds like a great buy. Does it also have a playtop?

I just bought Rikki a new big cage. It is 40x32x70 It seems huge! I am going to put it together tonight. It just came. I wanted a KING cage, but they were double the price, and didn't have the size I wanted.

I couldn't afford their prices...:(

Another thing to note, I have had cages with round tops which I think look better but have changed those out with flat tops. With the flat tops the birds/greys can have a nice flat place to perch or have a playgym on top. The round is much nicer looking in my opinion but the flat tops cages worked better for our birds<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/11/01 03:22

The cage I have for Baxter right now is 32" wide, 23" deep and 66" tall. His area inside of his cage is 32x 23x 32. I posted a picture of it and if you want to see what it looks like cuz it's seems close to what you are considering just but "Baxters new cage" in the seach box at the top and hit the enter button. I think he's even in it so you can see the size. I think it's okay for him, he spends most of his time on top though and just goes in through out the day to get a bite to eat mainly. The flat top was just my preferance but I know alot of people have the round tops and are very happy with them. It's good you have the option to choose. I can see why you are confused though. A king cage is such a good one and it is wider. I'm sure you will make the right choice for you. Let us know which one:)<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2008/11/01 04:24

I have seen one of those large dome king cages at someone elses house. It was gorgeous. A double yellow head amazon lived in and on it:) She still perched on the outsides top. It went almost to the ceiling to. Some birds will chew on ceilings and walls, some don't. Don't mean to confuse you any more than you already are but it's good to know the pros and cons.

Now for the one you said looks like mine. I do like it mainly cuz of the flat top but if you were to put mine and the King cage side by side, you might not be able to see a big difference in quality but if I try and pinch the bars inwards on mine, they have some movement. If I try that on the King, it does not move at all. Alot more sturdy.I think my cage is suffient enough for any grey but the King cages are built better and so much more expensive. The price of the King cage is a steal!!!

I work out of my house so I am home all day and that is why Baxer is out so much, but if I was out working and he had to be locked up more of the time I would probably go with the King cage.

It basically comes down to which one is suits your needs better. If you plan on getting another bird in the future. You might want to buy both;) Thats a heck of a good deal on the king:) Please let us know what you decide.

Well I didnt go with the king cage It was way to big for the room...I went with the other one..Im home all the time so mainly its just sleeping or when we go away anyways I will post pics of it later...Thanks everyone you guys are great:cheer:

Way to big for the room, huh?:laugh:   I know the feeling.  I had 3 nice sized cages for my flock and could still keep my front room looking nice.  Then I decided they needed more room in their cages (and they did) so I got wider cages.  Now my front room looks like it has 3 big cages and it doesn't look like my nice comfy inviting room anymore.:(   I have been thinking of transforming it all into a bird themed room now. 

Way to big for the room, huh?:laugh:   I know the feeling.  I had 3 nice sized cages for my flock and could still keep my front room looking nice.  Then I decided they needed more room in their cages (and they did) so I got wider cages.  Now my front room looks like it has 3 big cages and it doesn't look like my nice comfy inviting room anymore.:(   I have been thinking of transforming it all into a bird themed room now. 

Ok here is a pic of the cage...He is still hangs out at the bottom quite a bit each day he gets braver and makes me so nervouse..Sorry I didnt take a pic after I finsihed putting the toys in but here is a pic of it..I hope...LOL..never posted pics before Hootiescage.jpg

Hootiescage.jpg

Glad You like It...I like it to...It actually matches my living room...Im not sure Hootie wants to give up his cage..He thinks he is a big bird in it now..Now im making him a toy out of coffee filters as you can see on top of his cage..something he can shred in 5 minutes..LOL