NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Nikki

Nikki

Hello to all. I have a new baby in the house. A 4 month old Timneh who has been charming me with her demure ways for the last 2 weeks. She learned step up in one day, she understood potty almost immediately (not that she doesn't have her "accidents") & she has been loving & sweet from the first moment I picked her up. I have a green cheek at home that has been my one & only little baby so we have some jealousy issues going on here. I hope she will be able to adjust to sharing. I am knocking myself out trying to reassure her that Mommy still loves her but she is biting a bit, I know she is angry with me. Nikki, my grey, has made no attempt to bite. So far she seems to eat fairly well. I'm surprised she has been as quiet as she has been. I have barely heard more than a few gurgles from her, she sounds like ET. I see her taking everything in tho! Can't wait to hear her start to share what she is listening to!<br><br>Post edited by: Nikki, at: 2008/10/31 13:54

Hiya Nikki,

Welcome to the forum! You will be enjoying your little bundle of joy! Sounds adorable!

My youngest grey is 5 months now and has also learnt so much in the last few weeks its amazing how quick they learn!

Your other bird is bound to be feeling some jelousy at the moment with the arrival of the baby, dont worry as this is quite normal. Just make sure you do everything first for your older bird. I have three greys and have to do this all the time.

Cant wait to hear more about your flock and maybe see some pictures! We love pictures on here.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Caroline:)

Nikki,

Lots of our members have more than one bird and will gladly share their experience with you on here.

I have been lucky with mine. The eldest and middle greys are really bonded, they are sat preening as we speak! The middle grey will tolerate the youngest and is very jelous but I am able to have them all out together which is great! I always supervise the birds and they generally hang out in their own space!

I do everything first for my eldest grey, then the middle, then the youngest. They all accept this and are used to it.

Even though they are out most of the day together, I spend quality one on one time with each bird!

I hope things work out well for you and your flock!

Great you could join us

Caroline:)

Welcome Nikki!!

It's GreYt having you here and looking forward to hearing more of your new TAG's progress and of course how the relationship continues with your Greencheek and him. :-)

It sounds like you have everything in control and are doing all the right things.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your new baby sounds adorable and I can tell you are enjoying her so much. Gosh, she sounds so smart, already and stepping up and learning to be potty trained. You are so lucky.

Casper gave you great advice, do everything first for your green cheek and treat her as she is the "first bird" in ranking. Hopefully she will be a little less jealous.

I am looking forward to hearing more from and congradulations on bringing your baby home:)

Hello Nikki and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new Tag.

She sounds like a real sweetheart, no wonder you are so enthralled with her and a quick learner too, of course we all think that we have the smartest one.

I can understand your situation with the conure as I have a sun conure that I got before I got my grey and she is a little jealous but she gets things first since she was there before the grey. I am sure you will be able to find the balance that works for the 3 of you as I did.

For lots of useful information please read thru the many threads and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Ifyou have some pictures of your grey you would like to share with us you are more than welcome to post them for us to admire.

Hello Nikki, welcome. I hope you like it hear as much as I do.I think you have already been given good advise with regards your two parrots. I would not worry too much about your grey being a bit quiet. As you say she is taking everything in and greys are known to be one of the quieter parrot species .I am looking forward to hearing more about your birds and maybe some photos. Sheila.